The SEO Tortoise
Remember the old fable about the Hare and the Tortoise? How the slow and steady Tortoise beat the hyper-fast Hare? Well, it’s much the same in SEO. For years, some SEO Hares have been getting away with cyber-murder, by adopting a series of sneaky, easy-to-use tricks, designed to catapult their websites up the search engine page rankings. Remember those old favourites, such as keyword stuffing, page rank sculpting, and link spamming? ‘Course you do, because many of them are still with us.
All these stunts are simple to pull off and they are quick, so it’s easy to understand their appeal. But what happens when Google and all the other search engines wise up to these tricks, and dive-bomb them with a series of algorithmic updates like Penguin and Panda? Pretty soon, the offending sites find themselves sliding down the rankings, and the frazzled SEO Hare is forced to find yet another trick that’ll fool the search engines – until the next update comes along, and it’s back to square one. Suddenly, the fast and nasty approach doesn’t look so smart, after all. All that constant reworking costs the SEO Hare time and money.
Now let’s compare that with the SEO Tortoise. This is someone who uses solid, time-proven techniques to produce an algorithm-proof site that will achieve consistently good rankings. Here are some winning techniques that have stood the test of time.
- Keep the content fresh, so that visitors will want to
- Nothing puts off visitors more than a sluggish site that doesn’t work properly. So check those links and make the site as fast as possible.
- Try to nail down the search terms that people use to look for your products, and then carefully distribute those terms on your site. The trick here is to not overdo it, otherwise the content starts to sound clunky.
- Ensure that the search engines can find every page on your site. This requires good, clear content, with strong keywords, that the search engine can process and rank.
- Try to Build Links to other, similar, good-quality sites.
None of these strategies is quick, but remember, if you get it right the first time, you won’t be constantly going back and fixing it. This will free you up to work on other projects, and that puts more money in your pocket. Remember, it pays to be an SEO Tortoise.
To learn more how I can help your business, please visit Reseolve.com